Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Helping victims of motorcycle accidents to recover compensation.
- Werner, Hoffman & Greig specialize in motorcycle accident claims, offering expertise in motorcycle accidents, laws, and insurance companies.
- WHG is proficient in the specifics of motorcycle cases, including how to counter the unique biases that motorcyclists face.
- Common accident causes like speeding, distracted driving, and drunk driving can lead to severe injuries to the head or spinal cord.
- Victims of motorcycle accidents can receive compensation for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, damaged property, and pain and suffering.
WHY TRUST WERNER, HOFFMAN & GREIG?
Werner, Hoffman & Greig has an exceptional reputation as lawyers defending veterans, injured workers, and everyday Americans.
We have a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable attorneys who are dedicated to advocating for their client’s best interests.
Our commitment to integrity, transparency, and unwavering ethical standards sets us apart, ensuring that clients receive the highest level of professional and trustworthy legal services.
The speed and lack of protection associated with motorcycles means that motorcycle accidents can be particularly dangerous. As such, motorcycle accident cases need specialized knowledge to successfully navigate. A good motorcycle accident lawyer will understand the nuances of motorcycle accidents and the laws and regulations around them.
Werner, Hoffman & Greig is a law firm dedicated to our clients, and our history with motorcycle accident claims makes us a reliable choice.
WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK WITH US
Being a client of Werner, Hoffman & Greig means more than just having a lawyer—it means becoming part of a compassionate and supportive community dedicated to advocating for your rights. Our team listens, gets to know your unique situation, and prioritizes your needs throughout the claim process. With WHG, you’re not just a case number—you’re a person, deserving of respect, dignity, and outstanding legal representation.
Why You Should Choose Werner, Hoffman & Greig for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
You want the best motorcycle accident lawyers to advocate for you after a severe accident. Werner, Hoffman & Greig have the knowledge and experience needed to handle your case, from the legal system to the insurance companies.
Understanding of Motorcycle Laws and Regulations
The laws and regulations around motorcycle use vary from state to state, and understanding these differences is essential to navigating an injury claim. Our knowledge of the legal framework around motorcycle accident cases will help us establish fault and liability, and more effectively advocate for you.
Experience with Cases Involving Different Types of Motorcycles
From cruisers to sport bikes, each type of motorcycle handles differently. WHG has extensive experience in cases involving different types of motorcycles, and we can address the specific nuances of your case.
Expertise in Evaluating Damages
It can be difficult to strike the right balance in damage claims. Our legal team is experienced in evaluating medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. We work diligently to make sure you receive every dollar you deserve.
Experience in Dealing with Insurance Companies
Dealing with insurance companies can be complicated at the best of times, and when you’re recovering from a serious motorcycle accident, it’s the last thing you want to worry about. Our team at Werner, Hoffman & Greig knows how to deal with insurance companies. We’ll watch your back and make sure you’re not taken advantage of in this difficult time.
Steps to Take if You’re Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
Your first actions after a motorcycle accident can make an important difference in your medical outcomes and any injury claims you may end up filing. There are a few helpful steps you can take to give yourself a better chance of securing your compensation.
Seek medical attention
Your first priority should be making sure that you and anyone else involved in the accident seeks medical attention right away. Even if you feel fine, see a doctor and get checked for hidden injuries.
Document the scene
Take photos of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, and any visible injuries. Exchange information: Get the contact information from any involved parties, along with any witnesses.
Report the accident
Contact the police and report the accident to create an official paper trail.
Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer
Get in touch with an experienced law firm like Werner, Hoffman & Greig. We can help you through the legal process and make sure your rights are protected.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in the United States
Some common factors contributing to motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other distracted behaviors may not see a motorcyclist or respond in time.
- Failure to yield: Many drivers do not understand traffic laws and will fail to yield the right of way to motorcyclists, especially at intersections.
- Speeding: Driving at an excessive speed reduces reaction times and can increase the severity of an accident.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs a driver’s judgment and reduces reaction speeds, and is never safe.
- Unsafe lane changes: Drivers who change lanes suddenly, without checking blind spots or adequately signaling, are at greater risk of colliding with motorcyclists.
Many motorcycle accidents are caused by factors outside of the rider’s control, but if motorcyclists want to proactively reduce their risks, there are three main steps to take: always wear a helmet, always ride within speed limits, and avoid riding under the influence of alcohol.
Types of Injuries Associated with Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes tend to be particularly deadly. Motorcycle riders make up 14% of all traffic fatalities in the United States, despite being a much smaller percentage of all total traffic.
Motorcycle riders are at risk of many serious injuries in the event of an accident, including the following:
- Head and brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a major risk in a motorcycle accident, particularly when the rider is not wearing a helmet. TBIs can have long-lasting repercussions. However, helmet use can reduce head injuries by up to 69%.
- Spinal cord injuries: Motorcycle accidents can involve great impacts with limited protection, putting the spine at risk. Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis or loss of motor function.
- Fractures and dislocations: Broken bones and joint injuries are common in the impacts created by motorcycle accidents.
- Road rash: Sliding along the road during an accident can create severe abrasions that may lead to painful skin infections or scarring.
Internal injuries: Internal bleeding and organ damage may not be immediately apparent, but are an unfortunate possibility after a motorcycle accident.
Understanding the Bias Against Motorcyclists and How it Can Affect Your Claim
Unfortunately, there’s a tendency for the general public to see motorcyclists as reckless and prone to causing accidents. This can affect your ability to pursue your claim, particularly if your case goes before a jury.
It’s essential to work with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who understands these assumptions and knows the right arguments to counter them. It can make all the difference in securing your compensation.
Receiving Compensation for Your Damages
Coverage for hospital bills, medications, surgeries, treatments, and rehabilitation.
Compensation for the earnings you missed out on due to your injuries and recovery.
Repair or replacement of your damaged motorcycle. You can also recover diminished value for any value your motorcycle lost because of the accident and repairs.
Pain and suffering
Compensation for the emotional and physical pain suffered as a result of the accident.
Contact Werner, Hoffman & Greig to Speak with an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been affected by a motorcycle accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. At Werner, Hoffman & Greig, we have a team of skilled specialists with experience handling motorcycle accident claims. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf, and we have the knowledge and experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident?
The statute of limitations for filing a claim varies from state to state, but it typically ranges from one to six years. Consult with a lawyer promptly to make sure your claim is filed within the time limit.
How is fault determined in a motorcycle accident?
Fault is determined by an examination of the evidence. Witness statements, police reports, and any available traffic cam footage are all taken into account. An experienced lawyer can help establish liability and negotiate on your behalf.
Can I still receive compensation if I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
Helmet laws vary from state to state. In areas with helmet laws, not wearing a helmet may affect liability. However, even if you weren’t wearing a helmet at the time of your accident, you can still receive compensation for damages caused by another party’s negligence. Consulting with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you explore your legal options.
OUR ATTORNEYS ARE READY TO HELP YOU
“We are committed to helping you rebuild your lives after hardship. We are not just your legal team — we are your allies, your partners, and your tireless advocates.
And for every fight we’re willing to take on, know this — We’re right there in the trenches with you.”
YOUR FIGHT IS OUR FIGHT
Werner, Hoffman & Greig